Products You May Like
The NBA’s Play-In Tournament is officially set. Here is the schedule and seeding in both the Eastern and Western Conferences.
Sunday was the last official day of the 2021-22 NBA season, meaning the playoffs are about to begin. But before that, the Play-In Tournament takes place, where four teams in each conference will fight for the No. 7 and 8 seeds in the playoffs.
The field was officially set on Sunday afternoon. The No. 7 and 8 seeds will face off in a head-to-head game, with the winner officially clinching the No. 7 spot in their respective conference. The loser of that game will take on the winner of the No. 9 vs. No. 10 game for the No. 8 seed in the playoffs. Obviously, whoever loses the No. 9 vs. No. 10 games are eliminated from playoff contention.
NBA Playoffs 2022: Play-In Tournament schedule and seeding
Below is the full schedule of games for each day, along with tipoff times and which channel they will be broadcasted on.
Tuesday, Apr. 12
- No. 8 Cleveland Cavaliers at No. 7 Brooklyn Nets (winner clinches No. 7 seed in Eastern Conference) — 7:00 p.m. ET — TNT
- No. 8 Los Angeles Clippers at No. 7 Minnesota Timberwolves (winner clinches No. 7 seed in Western Conference) — 9:30 p.m. ET — TNT
Wednesday, Apr. 13
- No. 10 Charlotte Hornets at No. 9 Atlanta Hawks — 7:00 p.m. ET — ESPN
- No. 10 San Antonio Spurs at No. 9 New Orleans Pelicans — 9:30 p.m. ET — ESPN
Friday, Apr. 15
- Winner of Hornets/Hawks vs. Loser of Cavaliers/Nets (winner clinches No. 8 seed in Eastern Conference) — TBD — ESPN
- Winner of Spurs/Pelicans vs. Loser of Clippers/Timberwolves (winner clinched No. 8 seed in Western Conference)– TBD — TNT
For the Nets, Cavaliers, Clippers and Timberwolves, the task is simple — win, and you are in the NBA Playoffs.
The winner of Nets/Cavaliers will officially earn a matchup against the No. 2 seed in the Boston Celtics. The victor of Timberwolves/Clippers gets a first-round matchup against the Memphis Grizzlies.
However, the losers of those games will take on the winner of the No. 9 vs. No. 10 game for the eighth seed in the playoffs. The eighth seed in the East will take on the Miami Heat, while the No. 8 team in the West takes on the Phoenix Suns.